VBOX displays offer real-time results feedback, and can be used to set up or configure VBOX data loggers. The advantage of using a display is the speed and convenience of altering test parameters or verifying data during the procedures themselves; sometimes the ability to abort a run, often only possible when in-vehicle viewing of data is available, can greatly reduce the amount of track time required.
Multi-Function Touch Display
Up to six GNSS/CAN-derived data parameters can be displayed simultaneously, including speed, heading, radius of turn, distance travelled, and any CAN channels captured or calculated by the unit (see full list of display parameters below). It can also calculate and present performance test results live from the vehicle, with no post-processing required.
MFD Touch has a 4.3” daylight readable, responsive colour touchscreen, that is extremely customisable. The screen layouts can be configured directly on the device, and you can choose which channels you wish to see for each test. 8 different screen layouts are available, displaying up to six parameters and gauges (see display layouts).
MFD Touch also provides audio and visual alerts, via the inbuilt speaker and LED status lights, to show when a user defined data condition or test condition (such as a target speed) has been met. This ensures that the driver knows exactly when to perform a particular action, such as applying the brake pedal. The display can be mounted directly on the windscreen and comes with a heavy-duty suction cup.
You configure and scroll between ten different screens simultaneously, choosing between 8 fixed layouts for each. This can be done directly on the device, as you have the ability to pick which channels you wish to see for each test. You can see your test data as a number, a horizontal bar graph, target graph, analogue gauge or G-ball.
Performance test results can be viewed instantly on the 4.3” TFT screen, as well as written to an SD card.
Up to six parameters can be displayed on a single screen, such as speed, lateral & longitudinal acceleration, radius of turn, distance travelled, heading and various brake test channels.
- 4.3” TFT colour touchscreen
- Displays up to six VBOX data channels simultaneously
- Audio and visual alerts (via inbuilt speaker and LED status lights)
- Makes use of graphical elements including graphs, analogue gauge and G-ball
- Ideal for performance and braking tests (speed-to-speed and trigger activated)
- View test results live from the vehicle
- Connects directly to the VBOX via CAN
- Deceleration test results are output via CAN
- Supplied with a heavy-duty rubber suction cup
- Compatible with the VBOX CAN Hub and CAN Splitter
The Multi-function Touch Display shows the test driver several different parameters and VBOX channels, live from the vehicle. The displayed parameters can be configured and changed for each test, directly on the device, making the MFD Touch the ideal display for anyone that wishes to see speed, average speed, distance travelled, number of satellites, deceleration data, brake trigger data and even radius of turn, on a 4.3” TFT colour touchscreen.
Typical applications include:
- Performance testing
- Brake testing (speed-to-speed and trigger-to-speed)
- Acceleration testing
- Deceleration testing
- Tyre testing
- Vehicle dynamics testing
The OLED Display provides sharp graphics and is simple to use. It can even be used in bright conditions to show a wide range of parameters including live and max speed, lap times, and predictive lap timing.
You can also use the OLED display to start and stop logging when used in conjunction with some VBOX data loggers, as well as report logging status. It is available in either a waterproof anodised blue aluminium case, or a splash proof plastic and aluminium case. Different connections are available (Fischer, Lemo, Mini Din, Hirose) depending on the type of unit you will be using it with.
- Easy operation
- Inverse screen colours
- Different font options
- Internal accelerometer flips display according to the way it is mounted
- Can show logging and capacity status of connected VBOX
- Recognises data from standard VBOX CAN and serial data output
- Low power consumption: 1.2 W
The OLED Display has different display modes, accessed using the Up and Down buttons. The data on each screen is calculated at all times, even if it is not currently displayed.
The OLED Display can invert screen colours or display the font as a high contrast outline to match lighting conditions.
The VBOX Manager is a versatile control unit that has been designed to provide in-depth control of the VBOX 3i dual antenna setup, ADAS functions and IMU integration.
It can also be used to compliment VBOX 3i, VBOX III, and VBOX IISX GPS data logging systems by providing an easy to use graphical interface for control of logging functions.
Housed in a compact enclosure, the VBOX Manager is equipped with a clear graphical LCD and rotary, push-button controller.
VBOX Manager has six control options to choose from.
- VBOX: VBOX settings like Log mode, Log rate, DGPS mode etc.
- Dual Antenna: Enable/ disable the dual antenna mode (when connected to a VB3iSL).
- IMU-INS: Enable IMU integration and set antenna/ gyro offsets.
- ADAS: ADAS setup and configure functions.
- Robot Modes: Robot mode setup and configure functions.
- Utilities: Allows you to clear card, delete all, format and to flip the screen by 180° for left-hand operation.
- Control VBOX 3i Dual Antenna functions.
- Control ADAS functions (VBOX 3i, VBOX 3i SL, VBOX 3i RTK, VBOX 3iS only).
- Enable IMU integration and set antenna offsets, angle offsets and gyro offsets.
- Enable IMU roof mount and set data translation point (IMU04 with RLCAB119 only).
- Control logging start/stop.
- Delete unwanted files from the compact flash card.
- Create VBOX data files with descriptive file names in a logical directory structure.
- Control VBOX settings, log rate, log mode, DGPS mode etc.
- Velocity graph mode.
- Correctly format CF cards using VBOXIII/VBOX 3i.
Microsoft Surface Pro In-car Accessories Kit
The Microsoft Surface Pro in-car accessories kit consists of an adjustable spring-loaded windscreen RAM Mount and data cables for connection to VBOX products, allowing for the real-time monitoring of application test data. The accessories kit can also be purchased with a Microsoft Surface Pro directly from RACELOGIC if required.
Our free data analysis software, VBOX Test Suite, is compatible the with Microsoft Surface Pro and you can download the latest version from our software page.
Package contents: 1x X-Grip III™ adjustable RAM mount, 1x RAM Twist lock suction mount, 1x USB to Serial adapter cable, 1x Lemo to RS232 serial data transfer cable and 1x USB Type ‘A’ to Type ‘B’ 2 m cable.
VBOX CAN Display
The Racelogic CAN Display is a versatile tool for displaying real-time CAN data. Intended for use by both test engineers and network engineers, the CAN Display is capable of displaying Raw CAN frames and individual CAN signals from a CAN database.
The CAN Display has a free, built-in CAN database of limited signals. It covers parameters like engine RPM, throttle, and wheel speeds for the following makes: Mercedes, BMW, VAG, Porsche, Ferrari, SAAB, Nissan, Mazda, Vauxhall, Jaguar, Fiat, Alfa, Renault, Citroën, Peugeot, and Toyota.
The CAN Display also has the facility to associate database files, so if the user has a DBC format database file for the vehicle that they are working on, the CAN Display can decode and display signals from the database.
The PC software supplied with the CAN Display allows the user to read and download up to 64 signals from their own industry standard DBC format database.
As well as being able to monitor a number of parameters on the CAN Bus, the CAN Display will also output one of these parameters as an analogue voltage. This makes the CAN Display into a CAN to analogue converter, and if you use the internal database, it is a very convenient method of obtaining Engine RPM or roadspeed from a vehicle.
VBOX CAN Display has five menu options to choose from.
- SCAN BUS: Prompts the user for a data rate, which can be selected from the menu. If the data rate is unknown, the Auto option will sample the CAN bus to determine the CAN data rate before scanning the CAN bus for a list of the current identifiers available. Once a list of the identifiers is built, the user can jump straight into the VIEW DATA display.
- VIEW DATA: Shows complete CAN frames in hexadecimal.
- VIEW DATABASE: Shows individual CAN signals stored as a database. This can be either a user specified database loaded using the software supplied or one of the built-in vehicle databases.
- SEND CAN: Sends a user configurable message on the CAN bus.
- SETUP MENU: Allows the user to change settings of the CAN Display. Setup options are: DBC OPTIONS (display options), LCD CONTRAST, ANALOGUE OUT.
- All baud rates covered including user defined rates
- Normal and extended identifiers
- DBC input facility
- Internal database covering a large selection of makes
- Displays raw CAN data or database signals
- Automatically detect CAN data rate
- Scans CAN bus for list of all identifiers
- Programmable CAN message output
- Selectable analogue output 0-5 V