Vehicle CAN Interface
This CAN gateway allows the logging of vehicle CAN bus data by the Racelogic VBOX.
- Up to 16 separate CAN parameters
- Scale & offset data to record real values
- Blocks transfer of VBOX data to vehicle CAN bus
- 125 Kbit, 250 Kbit, 500 Kbit and 1 Mbit CAN rates
How does it work?
The VBOX Vehicle CAN Interface is a CAN gateway which translates from one CAN Bus into another. The unit is designed to recognise 16 different variables being transmitted on a CAN bus, and then re-transmits them in a form that the VBOX can log along with the normal VBOX channels.
The CAN Interface can be programmed to read almost any format in a CAN message, and then assign a name, multiplier, and offset. This information is then re-transmitted onto the VBOX CAN bus and is recorded at 20 Hz to the compact flash card.
Transfer of VBOX data to the vehicle bus is blocked to prevent unnecessary Bus loading.
Racelogic can also supply CAN sets for a number of manufacturers, allowing various parameters to be logged. For an application list please see our Vehicle CAN Database.
- 16 x CAN data channels from vehicle or other CAN bus
- Data Type
- From 1 bit to 32 bit; Intel/Motorola format; signed/unsigned; selectable start bit
- 16 x CAN data to VBOX
- Data Type
- User configurable, scaling and offset adjustable to provide real values
- CAN 2.0A or CAN 2.0B compatible
- Baud Rates
- 125 Kbits/s, 250 Kbit/s, 500 Kbit/s, 1 Mbit/s
- Supply Voltage
- +9 to +18 V DC
- Dimensions (W x L x H)
- 128 mm x 119 mm x 30 mm