VBOX Pass-By Noise is a free software plugin for VBOX Test Suite. The plugin allows for development programs to be completed to the ECE R41 (motorcycle) and R51/R138 (automobile) standards, prior to Pass-By Noise homologation testing.
The user can enter session-specific information that defines test conditions and vehicle details, including the R41 requirement of kerb mass, power, idle rpm and rated engine rpm. This information is automatically saved to the log file and so only needs to be entered once; it can also be exported for use in another file, saving setup time.
Only one operative is required to conduct a full range of tests: microphones placed within the test area output to a VBOX Mini Input Module, which in turn transmits the converted sound readings to the VBOX 3i GPS data logger mounted on the test vehicle.
Test data provided:
- Sound pressure level (WOT, Steady speed, ASEP)
- Speed & RPM (Start, Microphone location, Test end)
- Average acceleration across test area
- Calculated reference accelerations, power-to-mass ratio as stipulated in R41
- Pass/fail between test results and calculated values